(Photos in order left to right.)
1. Pre Shift Checklist.
3. Filling out reports.
4. Taking an air reading.
1. Pre Shift Trophy.
3. Head Table.
Presentation Of Awards
1. First Place Mine Rescue - Pinnacle
Team presented by Director Conaway and Deputy Director Philips.
2. Eastern Associated Coal Corp., Southern Appalachia team
receives first place trophy for First Aid.
3. Director Conaway and Deputy Director Philips present first
place trophy for Combination to Eastern's. Southern Appalachia team
4. Harry McGinnis of Eastern Associated Coal Corp. Federal No.2 receives the
Governor's Trophy for the Bench Contest.
5. Greg Neil receives first place in the Pre- Shift
contest from Director Conaway and Deputy Director Philips.
6. U.S. Steel Mine Rescue Team, 2002 Champions.
7. Greg Neil receives a Governor's Trophy from Director Conaway
and Deputy Director Philips
8. A special recognition trophy presented to Mr. Dave Wolfe of
MSHA by Mike Rutledge for 27 years
of Mine Rescue work.
Pre-shift Contest Photographs
Awards and Banquet
Presentation of Awards
Contest] [Mine Rescue Page]
[Historic Mine Rescue]
©2002 West Virginia
Office of Miners' Health Safety and Training.
official West Virginia State Agency Web site.
Read our Privacy Statement.